Did you know that you can find over 65% of the amino acids in the avocado seed? Avocado is one of the healthiest fruits, containing more fiber than many other foods, especially in the seeds. Actually, a single avocado seed represents around 18% of the entire fruit, so try not to waste it.
Which are the benefits of the avocado seed?
- If you suffer from arthritis, avocado seeds are very effective anti-inflammatory;
- When you have stomach problems, diarrhea, or need medicines for infections or to combat pathogenic bacteria and viruses, avocado seeds are the answer because they help reduce the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. In South America the seeds were frequently used in the past to treat dysentery, as well as gastric ulcers;
- It makes your skin firm and rejuvenated by increasing the level of collagen;
- You can prevent any diseases because avocado seeds improve the immune system;
- If you need to lose some weight, avocado seeds are the answer to that because of their effectiveness in burning fat. They are packed with fiber and help you keep under control your blood sugar levels;
- Avocado seeds will give you energy for the entire day;
- Great for heart disease;
- They have insecticidal, fungicidal, and anti-microbial properties;
- Improve blood circulation.
Remember to consult with your doctors in case you suffer from nut or peach seed allergies.
There are two types of allergic reactions to avocado: tree-pollen allergy, with symptoms in the mouth and throat, or the latex-fruit syndrome, with symptoms such as urticaria, abdominal pain and vomiting. Sometimes the second one can even become life-threatening.
You can add avocado seeds to salads, tea, smoothies or shakes. Be careful when removing the seeds. Avoid letting your knife slip along the seeds edges. A better solution is to cut your avocado in half and whack the knife into the avocado seed, afterwards twisting it, the final step being to pull it from the remaining flesh. Try to chop the seeds into smaller pieces by using a heavy chef’s knife.
Read more in the next page…